Search for a school in your area to further your education and expertise.
Search our job profile database to find the career of your dreams.
Search our database of over 15,000 job postings.
|Job Title:|| |
School Bus Driver - Cass City Public Schools
|Job Ref:|| |
|Job Type:|| |
|Region | Metro Area:|| |
|Post Code:|| |
61.88 per day
|Contact Name:|| |
|Contact Phone:|| |
|Post Date:|| |
Michigan Educational Transportation Services (METS) recognizes that our drivers carry the world’s most precious cargo, children. Children deserve a quality education and a familiar face to get them there. METS facilitates experienced professional drivers from local communities, that are employed by METS, to work within the district transporting students to school and school related activities.
METS is currently hiring part-time bus drivers for assignment at our client district, Cass City Public Schools, (Cass City, MI). This is the perfect position if you enjoy interacting with children and being paid to do what you enjoy! No previous experience required. Training is provided at no cost to qualified applicants.
Bus drivers have the primary responsibility for ensuring the health, safety and welfare of the children, staff and volunteers during bus transportation to and from the school and on field trips.
1. Responsible for transportation of students; including all responsibilities connected to operating a school bus per all applicable client district policies & state/federal laws.
2. Ability to relate to and work with parents, students, and other staff members.
3. Conduct all pre-trip inspections as required.
4. Follow and successfully respond to district rules and regulations.
5. Ability to manage and maintain all students on the bus in a calm and safe manner.
1. Undergo pre-employment and random drug testing per DOT regulations.
2. Have and maintain eligible driving record per all applicable client district policies and state/federal laws.
3. Must pass State and FBI Criminal Background Check per MDE regulations and Client District policies. (This cost is paid by the applicant approximately $65)
4. Ability to pass DOT physical requirements.
5. Must obtain and maintain a valid Michigan Commercial Driver License with valid P and S endorsements.
6. Ability to learn and pass the state test in; pre-trip (bus and equipment), cones, student pick-up, driving skills.
7. Ability to take and pass Beginning School Bus Driver Training (once) and Continuing Education Class (Advanced School Bus Driver Training) every 2 years.
8. Ability to tolerate stressful situations.
9. Ability to understand and have empathy for children and persons with disability.
10. Must be a high school graduate or equivalent (GED).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Salary: $61.88 per day
1. Email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (please put the name of the district you want to be assigned to in the subject line)
2. Fax a resume to (517) 647-7572
3. Apply on METS’s website: www.contractbusdrivers.com
Feel free to call the METS Human Resources at (517) 647-7765 for more information.
KEY WORDS FOR POST: Bus, School Bus, Student, Pupil, Passenger, Transportation, Special Needs Transportation, Logistics, Operations, DOT, Transport, Route, Routing, School, Public School, Field Trip, Charter, Safety, Passenger Safety, CDL, Driver, School Bus Driver, Driving
To apply for this job you need a free candidate account, click here for info.